Nut butters are the new craze – with a really good reason! They pack a great amount of protein and good fats. All we need is an apple or pear (or whatever fruit you fancy) and you have the perfect snack to keep you running and away from an afternoon crash. Besides that they are super tasty and the perfect substitute for “the” peanut butter. Peanuts are the favorites for so many of us, yet really not that good for us: they are not just one of the most common allergens (hence forbidden in most schools) they have a characteristic to soak up toxins like sponges… Yikes! Try this nut butter instead! They make great gifts too!
- 1 1/2 cup dry roasted cashews
- 1 1/2 dry roasted almonds
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- dash of salt
- honey to taste
- Add roasted nuts to your high powered blender.
- Start blender on slow speed, till nuts are ground.
- Once nuts are ground add speed gradually and using a temper scrape the forming butter down from the sides.
- Slowly start adding coconut oil to make it creamier.
- Eventually, all butter should be moving through smoothly and churning eventually. When the sound of the blender changes it's done.
- FYI... your blender might over heat. If you have a Vitamix, don't worry, it will be back up once it cools down, in about 15 minutes.
- Once all nice and creamy you are done. The worst part is coming now, scrape out the butter and clean the blender :)
- Ready in : 5 Minutes
My name is Katinka Bencs, a Culinary Nutritionista and Health Coach. My goal is to support and inspire you to get your super-energetic self back and live your life to it's highest potential. More about me here →