A warming, fall themed soup that is loaded with beta-carotine, Vitamin A (that is great for that cracking skin by your nails caused by the cold weather), anti-inflammatory properties and of course flavor!
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 smaller yellow onion
- 8 medium carrots carrots
- 3 cups of broth / vegetable stock
- 1 cup of water
- 1 medium gold yellow or red potato
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 or 1 1/2 inch of fine shredded fresh ginger (depending on your taste)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup of organic, full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of fine chopped shallots or green onions
- Heat coconut oil and sautee onions till translucent.
- Add broth and water.
- Once it boils, add the carrots and potatoes and lower heat to medium.
- After about 15 minutes (when potatoes are soft) add crushed garlic, ginger and sea salt.
- Cook it for a few more minutes, till you smell the garlic and ginger.
- Transfer all to a blender (if not using a blender that can deal with steam, i.e.: Vitamix make sure you cool the mixture a little bit) and blend it till smooth.
- Add coconut milk, blend it one more time and serve with scallions or shallots and coconut milk on top.
My name is Katinka Bencs, a Culinary Nutritionista and Health Coach. My goal is to support and inspire you to get your super-energetic self back and live your life to it's highest potential. More about me here →