This workshop allows you to learn about ways to set your baby up to the healthiest start, laying a strong foundation of health.
We will focus on:
- the When, What, How and How Much of solid food introduction question
- best first foods for optimal health – and the theories behind it
- practical tips to make your own baby food
- transitioning to finger foods, meal ideas and preparation
- baby gut health
- boosting baby’s immune system
I will demonstrate easy to make plant-based recipes that you and the rest of the family can enjoy, while your baby can taste as well, should they reach for your food. We will also discuss ways to make the best of the first two years of your baby’s life, the most important years laying the foundation of his / her future health – how to avoid food allergies, eczema and asthma and develop a strong, healthy microbiome.
You will learn about:
- a handful of solid food introduction theories – order and allergens
- practical tips and ideas to start solid foods and beyond – from purees to finger foods, water and spices
- optimal health promoting supplements for baby and mommy
- making your own baby food (if you choose to) and making it part of your family’s routine
- foods that boost lactation
- preventing eczema, allergies and asthma in your baby
- laying foundation for a strong immune system
- pediatric gut health
- how to make the recipes demonstrated & get the recipes in a handout
You will also:
- enjoy the meals I whip up in front of you as the freshest dinner
- get inspired to feed your baby as part of your daily life with (homemade) organic meals
- receive handouts: first food ideas, finger food ideas, breastfeeding mama’s essential supplements
- get the chance to connect with like-minded individuals
- have a fun two hours learning and growing together
Mommies with babies from 3 months up to a year old will benefit the most from this class.
The dinner menu is for mommies – as I am not sure how excited you would be if I served you with baby food:) – but while preparing these recipes you can create some of your baby’s foods as well. All recipes freeze well, so that once you cook up a big batch you have food for a few meals. I know you are busy, so practicality is key!
Additional Notes: The menu is 100% gluten-free and dairy-free, and mostly organic. I am happy to discuss dairy options as question arises. The menu contains nuts and seeds and would not be suitable for individuals with a nut allergy.